Board of Directors
When implemented in charter schools, the Harbor School Method requires a Board of Directors that thoroughly understands and believes in the Method. The Board of Directors supports the staff and governs the school in a manner consistent with the Harbor philosophy. The board provides the checks and balances needed for financial and legal matters. They have direct involvement in hiring the Administrator who then is responsible for the educational and day to day operations of the school.
An effective board is made of members who are willing to:
- Read and understand their School’s Charter
- Read, understand, and help develop School Policies
- Read and understand the Idaho Open Meetings Law Manual and the Idaho Public Records Law Manual
- Read and understand Idaho Code 08.02.04 – Rules Governing Public Charter Schools
- Read and understand the by-laws of their corporation (The Academy Inc.)
- Attend meetings well prepared and participate fully in committee assignments
- Attend training sessions
- Recognize their fiduciary responsibility to the school for sound financial management
- Understand the importance of their roles and are willing to work hard in a timely manner to accomplish board goals.
- Understand the By-Laws
1295 Alpine Way
Chubbuck, ID 83202
Attention: Board Nominating Committee
Board Meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month at 6:00pm. The meetings are held at 1295 Alpine Way, Chubbuck; in the commons area located on the first floor. Guidelines for public participation.
Everyone is welcome to attend.